- Study of exclusive one-pion and one-eta production using hadron and dielectron channels in pp reactions at kinetic beam energies of 1.25 GeV and 2.2 GeV with HADES (2012)
- We present measurements of exclusive ensuremathπ+,0 and η production in pp reactions at 1.25GeV and 2.2GeV beam kinetic energy in hadron and dielectron channels. In the case of π+ and π0 , high-statistics invariant-mass and angular distributions are obtained within the HADES acceptance as well as acceptance-corrected distributions, which are compared to a resonance model. The sensitivity of the data to the yield and production angular distribution of Δ (1232) and higher-lying baryon resonances is shown, and an improved parameterization is proposed. The extracted cross-sections are of special interest in the case of pp → pp η , since controversial data exist at 2.0GeV; we find \ensuremathσ=0.142±0.022 mb. Using the dielectron channels, the π0 and η Dalitz decay signals are reconstructed with yields fully consistent with the hadronic channels. The electron invariant masses and acceptance-corrected helicity angle distributions are found in good agreement with model predictions.
- Multiplicity fluctuations of identified hadrons in central Pb+Pb collisions at the CERN (2013)
- We report on the event-by-event multiplicity fluctuations of identified particles in central Pb+Pb collisions measured by the NA49 experiment at the CERN SPS. Employing a novel approach we unfolded the moments of the unknown multiplicity distributions of protons (p), kaons (K), pions (π) and electrons. Using these moments we reconstructed an excitation function of the fluctuation measure νdyn[A;B], with A and B denoting different particle types. Specifically, we reconstructed νdyn for the [p, π], [p, K] and [K, π] pairs. The energy dependence of νdyn is in agreement with previously published NA49 results on the related measure σdyn. Moreover, for [K; p] and [K;p] pairs, we discovered a dependence of the fluctuation measure νdyn on the phase space coverage (acceptance). Interestingly for the [p,π] case no significant acceptance dependence was observed. These observations provide a likely explanation of the reported differences between measurements of NA49 and those of STAR in central Au+Au collisions.
- Measurement of the quasi free np → npπ+π− and np → ppπ−π0 reactions at 1.25 GeV with HADES (2014)
- We present the results of two-pion production in tagged quasi-free np collisions at a deutron incident beam energy of 1.25 GeV/c measured with the High-Acceptance Di-Electron Spectrometer (HADES) installed at GSI. The specific acceptance of HADES allowed for the first time to obtain high-precision data on π+π− and π−π0 production in np collisions in a region corresponding to large transverse momenta of the secondary particles. The obtained differential cross section data provide strong constraints on the production mechanisms and on the various baryon resonance contributions (∆∆, N(1440), N(1520), ∆(1600)). The invariant mass and angular distributions from the np → npπ+π −and np → ppπ−π0 reactions are compared with different theoretical model predictions.