Year of publication
- 2012 (4) (remove)
- Revision of African Parandrinae (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae) (2012)
- A comprehensive revision of the Subfamily Parandrinae (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae) from the Afrotropical Region is presented. Two new genera are described: Adlbauerandra and Meridiandra. The known species from the Afrotropical Region are excluded from Parandra Latreille, 1802, which resulted in the following new combinations: Acutandra beninensis (Murray, 1862), A. comoriana (Fairmaire, 1895), A. gabonica (Thomson, 1858), Adlbauerandra morettoi (Adlbauer, 2004) and Meridiandra capicola (Thomson, 1861). Eighteen new species are described: Acutandra amieti, A. barclayi, A. camiadei, A. dasilvai, A. delahayei, A. gaetani, A. garnieri, A. grobbelaarae, A. hugoi, A. jolyi, A. leduci, A. leonardi, A. lucasi, A. noellae, A. oremansi, A. plenevauxae, A. quentini, and A. vingerhoedti. The species Parandra comoriana Fairmaire, 1895 is revalidated and a lectotype is designated. Parandra beninensis Murray, 1862 and Parandra conradti Kolbe, 1893 are revalidated. A lectotype is designated for Parandra gabonica Thomson, 1858 as the designation by Quentin and Villiers (1975) was considered as invalid. Keys are presented to separate genera and all species of African Parandrinae from each other. Illustrations are provided for all the species including many special characters used in the keys.
- Description of the female of Malukandra heterostyla (Lameere, 1902) (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae, Parandrinae) (2012)
- The female of Malukandra heterostyla (Lameere, 1902) (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae) is described and figured for the first time. An identification key to Malukandra is provided.
- A new species of Villiersicometes Santos-Silva, 2003 (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae, Disteniinae) (2012)
- Villiersicometes absalom sp. nov., a new species of Villiersicometes Santos-Silva, 2003 (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae, Disteniinae) is described from French Guiana. The species is illustrated and a key to the species of the genus is provided.
- Contribution towards the knowledge of Psalidognathus Gray, 1831 (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae, Prioninae) (2012)
- The species of the "modestus" group of the genus Psalidognathus Gray (Cerambycidae: Prioninae) (currently with four species and three subspecies), which are recognized mainly by the antennomeres without apical spines, are studied. Psalidognathus thomsoni Lameere, 1885 is revalidated as a species distinct from P. modestus Fries, 1833. Psalidognathus erythrocerus reichei Quentin and Villiers, 1983 and P. erythrocerus pubescens Quentin and Villiers, 1983 are considered as different species from P. erythrocerus Reiche, 1840. Psalidognathus colombianus Demelt, 1989 and Psalidognathus modestus chocoensis Salazar, 2005 are synonymized with P. modestus, syn. nov. Psalidognathus rufescens, although belonging to “friendii” group, is redescribed and some remarks are added. Species redescribed: P. erythrocerus; P. modestus; P. reichei; P. rufescens; P. onorei Quentin and Villiers, 1983; and P. thomsoni. Psalidognathus cerberus sp. nov. is described from Colombia and Ecuador. A provisional key is provided to males of species of "modestus" group.