- Checklist of the Cerambycidae (Coleoptera) of Costa Rica (2010)
- An updated checklist of the Cerambycidae of Costa Rica is presented. This new version includes 1,071 species and subspecies in 429 genera, 69 tribes, and six subfamilies. Of these, 181 are new country records and 136 species are known only from Costa Rica. In addition, provincial distribution data are provided for each species. The checklist supports a wealth of scientific literature in many other groups of flora and fauna indicating Costa Rica has high species richness of cerambycid beetles.
- New taxa and combinations in Onciderini Thomson, 1860 (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae: Lamiinae) (2011)
- Monneoncideres, a new genus of Onciderini Thomson, 1860 (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae: Lamiinae) is described and illustrated. Six new species of Onciderini are also described and illustrated: Hesycha tavakiliani from Brazil; Lesbates milleri from Venezuela; Monneoncideres cristata from Ecuador and Peru; Neodillonia waltersi from Ecuador; Tibiosioma martinsi from Ecuador; and Trestonia wappesi from Panama. Keys to the known species of Lesbates Dillon and Dillon, 1945 and Tibiosioma Martins and Galilleo, 1990 are provided. The genus Ophthalmocydrus Aurivillius, 1925 (Onciderini) is transferred to Pteropliini (Lamiinae); and Xylomimus Bates, 1865 (Apomecynini) is transferred to Onciderini. The following new synonymies are proposed: Kuauna Martins and Galileo, 2009 = Opthalmocydrus Aurivillius, 1925; Kuauna schmidi Martins and Galileo, 2009 = Ophthalmocydrus semiorbifer Aurivillius, 1925; Paraplerodia Martins and Galileo, 2010 = Tibiosioma Martins and Galileo, 2007; Paraplerodia acarinata Martins and Galileo, 2010 = Tibiosioma maculosa Martins and Galileo, 2007; and Ischiomaeocles Franz, 1954 = Lochmaeocles Bates, 1880. The following new combination is proposed: Lochmaeocles salvadorensis (Franz, 1954), transferred from Ischiomaeocles. The following 37 new country records are reported: Alexera barii (Jekel, 1861) (Bolivia, Ecuador); Bacuris sexvittatus (Bates, 1865) (Panama); Cacostola brasiliensis Thomson, 1868 (Argentina); Cherentes niveilateris (Thomson, 1868) (French Guiana); Cicatrodea monima Dillon and Dillon, 1946 (Ecuador); Clavidesmus metallicus (Thomson, 1868) (Ecuador, Peru); Cydros leucurus Pascoe, 1866 (Brazil); Ecthoea quadricornis (Olivier, 1792) (Ecuador); Eudesmus grisescens Audinet-Serville, 1835 (Ecuador, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela); Euthima variegata (Aurivillius, 1921) (Ecuador); Hesychotypa heraldica (Bates, 1872) (Belize, Guatemala); Hesychotypa punctata Martins, 1979 (Peru); Lochmaeocles basalis Dillon and Dillon, 1946 (Ecuador, Trinidad and Tobago); Lochmaeocles zonatus Dillon and Dillon, 1946 (Venezuela); Lydipta conspersa (Aurivillius, 1922) (Peru); Neocherentes dilloniorum Tippmann, 1960 (Brazil); Neolampedusa obliquator (Fabricius, 1801) (Ecuador); Peritrox perbra Dillon and Dillon, 1945 (Ecuador); Priscatoides tatila Dillon and Dillon, 1945 (Bolivia); Strioderes peruanus Giorgi, 2001 (Brazil); Trachysomus apipunga Martins and Galileo, 2008 (Peru); Trachysomus camelus Buquet, 1852 (Venezuela); Trachysomus peregrinus Thomson, 1858 (Ecuador); Trachysomus thomsoni Aurivillius, 1923 (Venezuela); Trestoncideres laterialba Martins and Galileo, 1990 (Brazil); Trestonia exotica Galileo and Martins, 1990 (Ecuador); Trestonia fulgurata Buquet, 1859 (Grenada, Trinidad and Tobago); Tritania dilloni Chalumeau, 1990 (Venezuela); Tulcus paganus (Pascoe, 1859) (Ecuador); Xylomimus baculus Bates, 1865 (French Guiana). Theobroma cacao Linnaeus (Sterculiaceae) is recorded as a new host plant record for Eudesmus grisescens.
- Preliminary checklist of the Cerambycidae, Disteniidae, and Vesperidae (Coleoptera) of Peru (2012)
- A preliminary checklist of the Cerambycidae, Disteniidae, and Vesperidae (Coleoptera) of Peru is presented. Within Cerambycidae, we record five subfamilies, 55 tribes, 345 genera and subgenera, and 714 species. Within Disteniidae, we record one tribe, six genera, and 11 species. We also record one subfamily, one tribe, one genus, and two species within Vesperidae. Four new country records are recorded: one species in the tribe Anacolini (Cerambycidae: Prioninae): Cycloprionus flavus Tippmann, 1953; and three species in the tribe Onciderini (Cerambycidae: Lamiinae): Cacostola simplex (Pascoe, 1859); Marensis simplex (Bates, 1865); Trachysomus cavigibba Martins, 1975. In addition, 161 species recorded are known only from Peru.
- First record of Curius chemsaki Nearns and Ray, 2006 (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae: Cerambycinae: Curiini) in Colombia (2009)
- Curius chemsaki Nearns and Ray, 2006 (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae: Cerambycinae: Curiini), is reported from Colombia for the first time. In addition, the range of this taxon within Venezuela is extended to the Andean Province of Táchira.