Year of publication
- 2006 (4) (remove)
- Meisterhaft erklärt, humorvoll geschrieben : Top-Physikerin führt durch höherdimensionale gekrümmte Räume (2006)
- Rezension zu: Lisa Randall : Verborgene Universen : Eine Reise in den extradimensionalen Raum, Fischer Verlag, Frankfurt 2006, ISBN-13: 978-3-10-062805-3, 448 Seiten, 19,90 Euro.
- Open-charm enhancement at FAIR? (2006)
- We have calculated the D-meson spectral density at finite temperature within a self-consistent coupled-channel approach that generates dynamically the Lambda_c (2593) resonance. We find a small mass shift for the D-meson in this hot and dense medium while the spectral density develops a sizeable width. The reduced attraction felt by the D-meson in hot and dense matter together with the large width observed have important consequences for the D-meson production in the future CBM experiment at FAIR.
- The outer crust of non-accreting cold neutron stars (2006)
- The properties of the outer crust of non-accreting cold neutron stars are studied by using modern nuclear data and theoretical mass tables updating in particular the classic work of Baym, Pethick and Sutherland. Experimental data from the atomic mass table from Audi, Wapstra, and Thibault of 2003 is used and a thorough comparison of many modern theoretical nuclear models, relativistic and non-relativistic ones, is performed for the first time. In addition, the influences of pairing and deformation are investigated. State-of-the-art theoretical nuclear mass tables are compared in order to check their differences concerning the neutron dripline, magic neutron numbers, the equation of state, and the sequence of neutron-rich nuclei up to the dripline in the outer crust of non-accreting cold neutron stars.
- In-medium properties of D-mesons at FAIR (2006)
- We obtain the D-meson spectral density at finite temperature for the conditions of density and temperature expected at FAIR. We perform a self-consistent coupled-channel calculation taking, as a bare interaction, a separable potential model. The Lambda_c (2593) resonance is generated dynamically. We observe that the D-meson spectral density develops a sizeable width while the quasiparticle peak stays close to the free position. The consequences for the D-meson production at FAIR are discussed.