- A new thecline from Sulawesi (Lepidoptera: Lycaenidae: Theclinae) (1986)
- A number of years ago we received a large lot of material collected by Robert G. and Clo M. Wind during their 1939-1940 expedition to the “East Indies” and published on the Danaidae and Satyridae of that trip (L. and J. Miller, 1978). One of the insects that the Winds considered to be of special significance was a male of a thecline that Bob Wind had intended to describe for his then wife. Both Bob and Clo asked us to describe the butterfly, but before we had an opportunity to describe the insect both Bob and Clo died. We now dedicate the description of this magnificent insect to their memories.
- Regulations and the future of entomological collections in the 1990's (1993)
- Talk given at the 1993 annual meeting of the Entomological Collections Network.
- Observations of plume moths on North Andros Island, Bahamas, and notes on new records and species previously recorded from the Bahamas (Lepidoptera: Pterophoridae) (2012)
- Recent fieldwork on North Andros Island by the authors resulted in the collection of six species of Pterophoridae (Lepidoptera), five of which were previously unrecorded for the Bahamas in published accounts. Three additional species are noted for the Bahamian fauna based on specimens collected in the 1980s on other islands. Representative specimens are illustrated from North Andros along with genitalic images for species where these are not readily available in other publications. In addition, images of the larva and pupa are provided for a reared species for which the life history was previously unknown.