Year of publication
- A new species of the genus Dendroleon Brauer from Mexico (Neuroptera: Myrmeleontidae) (2008)
- A new species of Dendroleon Brauer is described from Mexico and is included in a key to three species of North America. Diagnoses and distributional data are given for D. obsoletus (Say) and D. speciosus Banks.
- A revision of the genus Maracandula Currie (Neuroptera: Myrmeleontidae) (2009)
- Three new species of Maracandula are described from Mexico and included in a key to the five species in Mexico. Diagnoses of the species are given as well as distributional data.
- Preliminary report on the Myrmeleontidae (Neuroptera) of Paraguay (2010)
- Ten species of antlions are confirmed as present in Paraguay and seven additional species are suspected to be present there. All of the species are found also in Argentina and Brazil except for Eremoleon pulchra (Esben- Petersen) which is endemic to Paraguay. A key to the adults is provided as well as distributional data for Paraguay with two new country records (Ameromyia dimidiata Navás and Austroleon dispar (Banks)).
- Revision of the Genus Dimarella Banks (Neuroptera: Myrmeleontidae) (1989)
- A taxonomic study of the new world genus Dimarella has led to the recognition of 17 species, 9 of which are newly described. Three subgenera are recognized, one of which is described as new. Larvae are described for 11 species and biological data are given. Keys to adults and larvae are provided as well as photographs of larvae and taxonomic drawings. Distribution is summarized in maps.
- A new species of Moranida Mansell from Venezuela (Neuroptera: Nemopteridae) (1989)
- Mansell (1983) described two new species and genera of Crocinae from Peru and Bolivia bringing the total number of South American species of this subfamily to five species. However, all five species occur well south of the equator. Recently the authors discovered a sixth species in northern Venezuela greatly extending the northern range of the family in South America. This new species belongs to the genus Moranida Mansell. Both adults and larvae were found and are described here with a key to the species of Crocinae of South America. We also found and reared Moranida peruviensis Mansell from Lambayeque, Peru, and provide this new record. This paper represents contribution No. 645 of the Bureau of Entomology.
- Reclassification of the New World antlion genera formerly included in the tribe Brachynemurini (Neuroptera: Myrmeleontidae) (1994)
- A cladistic analysis of the New World tribe Brachynemurini has resulted in several new taxonomic designations. The tribe is divided into 3 tribes, 2 of which are newly described. The Brachynemurini S.S. now contains 12 genera of which Argentoleon, Atricholeon, Mexoleon and Venezueleon are newly described. The Gnopholeontini (NEW TRIBE) includes 4 North American genera whereas the Lemolemini (NEW TRIBE) contains 6 South American genera of which Ecualeon and Galapagoleon are newly described. Descriptions of genera in the 3 tribes, based on adults and known larvae, are given. Keys to the genera in each tribe are provided, as well as a key to the tribes of Myrmeleontidae.
- Further description of Ananthidium Urban, with keys to the Argentine Anthidiini (Hymenoptera: Megachilidae) (1995)
- Additional descriptive information is given for the genus Ananthidium Urban with a key to species. Also, new geographical and floral records are given. A key to the genera of the Anthidiini of Argentina is provided. Bothranthidium Moure is considered a subgenus of Anthodioctes. A brief discussion of generic characters of the South American genera are given. Carlotica Moure & Urban is placed as a synonym of Epanthidium Moure. Also, Saranthidium Moore & Hurd is considered as a subgenus of Hypanthidiodes Moore.
- Antlions of Hispaniola (Neuroptera: Myrmeleontidae) (2011)
- Twelve extant species of antlions are known from Hispaniola including four new species (Eremoleon petrophila, Eremoleon phasma, Purenleon nunezi, Purenleon woodruffi) and one new genus (Peruveleon). Five New World species are transferred into Peruveleon resulting in new combinations: Peruveleon bruneri (Alayo), Peruveleon camposi (Banks), Peruveleon dolichogaster (Navás), Peruveleon dorsalis (Banks), Peruveleon indiges (Walker). Vella fallax haitiensis Smith is considered a new synonym of Vella eggerti Esben-Petersen. Descriptions and records for the species are provided as well as keys to the adults and larvae. The larvae of eleven species were found and reared.
- A new species of Stenorrhachus McLachlan from Chile (Neuroptera: Nemopteridae) with biological notes (2012)
- A new species of Stenorrhachus (McLachlan), S. chilensis (Neuroptera: Nemopteridae), is described from Chile with biological observations of Stenorrhachus walkeri (McLachlan). A key to the two species is provided as well as diagnoses of the adults and of the larva of Stenorrhachus walkeri.