Year of publication
- Physik (57) (remove)
- Difficulties of the thermodynamical model approach to pion production in relativistic ion collisions (1983)
- Thermodynamical models with various forms of partial transparency of nuclear matter are considered. It is shown that the introduction of transparency, however, significantly improves agreement with pion data concerning multiplicities and transverse momenta leads to a serious discrepancy with average rapidities of pions. Qualitative arguments are given that difficulties of the thermodynamical approach can be overcome if one assumes hydrodynamical expansion in the first stage of nuclear interactions.
- Lambda hyperons produced in central nucleus-nucleus interactions at 4.5 GeV/c momentum per incident nucleon (1983)
- Transverse momenta and rapidities of Lambda 's produced in central nucleus-nucleus collisions at 4.5 GeV/c·u (C-C,...,O-Pb) were studied and compared with those from inelastic He-Li interactions at the same incident momentum. Polarization of the Lambda hyperons was found to be consistent with zero ( alpha P=-0.06=0.11 for Lambda 's from central collisions). An upper limit of the Lambda -bar / Lambda production ratio was estimated to be less than 4.5 x 10-3. The experiment was performed in a triggered streamer chamber.
- A study of Lambda-production in central nucleus-nucleus interactions at a momentum of 4.5 GeV/c per incident nucleon (1983)
- Analysis of Lambda and associative pion production in relativistic nucleus-nucleus collisions (1984)
- Experimental data on pi-mesons produced in inelastic and central nucleus-nucleus interactions at 4.5-Gev/C momentum per nucleon (1984)
- Peculiarities of Lambda hyperon and Pi meson production in nucleus-nucleus collisions at high energies (1985)
- Eksperimental'nye dannye po srednemu cislu provzaimodejstvovavšich protonov v neuprugich i zentral'nych jadro-jadernych vzaimodejstvijach pri energij 3.6 GeV/nuklon (1986)
- Charged particle spectra in central S+S collisions at 200 GeV/c per nucleon (1994)
- The transverse momentum and rapidity distributions of negative hadrons and participant protons have been measured for central 32S+ 32S collisions at plab=200 GeV/c per nucleon. The proton mean rapidity shift < Delta y>~1.6 and mean transverse momentum <pT>~0.6 GeV/c are much higher than in pp or peripheral AA collisions and indicate an increase in the nuclear stopping power. All pT spectra exhibit similar source temperatures. Including previous results for K0s Lambda , and Lambda -bar, we account for all important contributions to particle production.
- Comment on 'Strangeness enhancement in p+A and S+A interactions at energies near 200 A GeV" (1996)
- We argue that the recent analysis of strangeness production in nuclear collisions at 200 A GeV/c performed by Topor Pop et al. is flawed. The conclusions are based on an erroneous interpretation of the data and the numerical model results. The term "strangeness enhancement" is used in a misleading way.