Year of publication
- 2002 (5) (remove)
- The high E(T) drop of J / psi to Drell-Yan ratio from the statistical c anti-c coalescence model (2002)
- The dependence of the J/psi yield on the transverse energy ET in heavy ion collisions is considered within the statistical c¯c coalescence model. The model fits the NA50 data for Pb+Pb collisions at the CERN SPS even in the high-ET region (ET >< 100 GeV). Here ET -fluctuations and ET -losses in the dimuon event sample naturally create the celebrated drop in the J/psi to Drell-Yan ratio.
- Omega, J/psi and psi' transverse mass spectra at RHIC (2002)
- The transverse mass spectra of J/psi and psi' mesons and Omega hyperons produced in central Au+Au collisions at RHIC energies are discussed within a statistical model used successfully for the interpretation of the SPS results. The comparison of the presented model with the future RHIC data should serve as a further crucial test of the hypothesis of statistical production of charmonia at hadronization. Finally, in case of validity, the approach should allow to estimate the mean transverse flow velocity at the quark gluon plasma hadronization.
- Omega, J/psi and psi' production in nuclear collisions and quark gluon plasma hadronization (2002)
- The transverse mass spectra of Omega, J/psi and psi' in Pb+Pb collisions at 158 AGeV are studied within a hydrodynamical model of the quark gluon plasma expansion and hadronization. The model reproduces the existing data with the common hadronization parameters: temperature T=T_H = 170 MeV and average collective transverse velocity v_T = 0.2.
- Hadron spectra and QGP hadronization in Au + Au collisions at RHIC (2002)
- The transverse mass spectra of Omega hyperons and phi mesons measured recently by STAR Collaboration in Au+Au collisions at sqrt(s_NN) = 130 GeV are described within a hydrodynamic model of the quark gluon plasma expansion and hadronization. The flow parameters at the plasma hadronization extracted by fitting these data are used to predict the transverse mass spectra of J/psi and psi' mesons.
- Open and hidden charm production in heavy-ion collisions at ultrarelativistic energies (2002)
- We consider the production of the open charm and J/psi mesons in heavy-ion collisions at BNL RHIC. We discuss several recently developed pictures for J/psi production and argue that a measurement at RHIC energies is crucial for disentangling these different descriptions.