- Article (3) (remove)
- English (3) (remove)
- 9-Bromo-9-borafluorene (2010)
- The title compound, C12H8BBr, crystallizes with three essentially planar molecules (r.m.s. deviations = 0.018, 0.020 and 0.021Å) in the asymmetric unit: since the title compound is rigid, there are no conformational differences between these three molecules. The crystal packing resembles a herringbone pattern.
- (Acetonitrile-κN)chloridobis[2-(pyridin-2-yl)phenyl-κ2 C 1,N]iridium(III) (2011)
- The IrIII atom of the title compound, [Ir(C11H8N)2Cl(CH3CN)], displays a distorted octahedral coordination. The pyridyl groups are in trans positions [N—Ir—N = 173.07 (10)°], while the phenyl groups are trans with respect to the acetonitrile and chloride groups [C—Ir—N = 178.13 (11) and C—Ir—Cl = 176.22 (9)°]. The pyridylphenyl groups only show a small deviation from planarity, with the dihedral angle between the planes of the two six-membered rings in each pyridylphenyl group being 5.6 (2) and 5.8 (1)°. The crystal packing shows intermolecular C—H[cdots, three dots, centered]Cl, C—H[cdots, three dots, centered]π(acetonitrile) and C—H[cdots, three dots, centered]π(pyridylphenyl) contacts.
- [μ-3,3′-Bis(trihydroboryl)ferrocenophane]bis(chloridozirconocene) (2013)
- The title compound, [FeZr2(C5H5)4Cl2(C13H18B2)], is a heteronuclear complex that consists of a ferrocenophane moiety substituted at each cyclopentadienyl (Cp) ring by a BH3 group; the BH3 group is bonded via two H atoms to the Zr atom of the zirconocene chloride moiety in a bidentate fashion. The two Cp rings of the ferrocenophane moiety are aligned at a dihedral angle of 8.9 (4)° arising from the strain of the propane-1,3-diyl bridge linking the two Cp rings. [One methylene group is disordered over two positions with a site-occupation factor of 0.552 (18) for the major occupied site.] The dihedral angles between the Cp rings at the two Zr atoms are 50.0 (3) and 51.7 (3)°. The bonding Zr(...)H distances are in the range 1.89 (7)–2.14 (7) Å. As the two Cp rings of the ferrocene unit are connected by an ansa bridge, the two Zr atoms approach each other at 6.485 (1) Å. The crystal packing features C—H(...)Cl interactions.