Year of publication
- (18-Crown-6)(trifluoromethanesulfonato)sodium (2010)
- The title compound, [Na(CF3O3S)(C12H24O6)], features a sodium cation that is coordinated by eight O atoms in an irregular hexagonal bipyramidal environment. The equatorial positions are occupied by the six O atoms of an 18-crown-6 ether ring. In the axial positions, there is one O atom of a trifluoromethanesulfonate anion and an ether O atom of a symmetry-equivalent crown ether ring. In this way, centrosymmetric dimers are formed.
- (18-Crown-6-[kappa]6O)(pyrazolato-[kappa]2N,N')-potassium(I) (2009)
- The asymmetric unit of the title compound, [K(C3H3N2)(C12H24O6)], is composed of a potassium cation bonded to the six O atoms of a crown ether molecule and the two N atoms of a pyrazolate anion. The K...O distances range from 2.8416 (8) to 3.0025 (8) Å, and the two K...N distances are 2.7441 (11) and 2.7654 (11) Å. The K cation is displaced by 0.8437 (4) Å from the best plane through the six O atoms. The latter plane is almost perpendicular to the plane of the pyrazolate ring [dihedral angle 83.93 (3)°]. Key indicators: single-crystal X-ray study; T = 173 K; mean σ(C–C) = 0.002 A°; R factor = 0.026; wR factor = 0.066; data-to-parameter ratio = 16.5.
- (1R,2S)-Methyl 1-(4-chloro-phen-yl)-3-oxo-1,2,3,4-tetra-hydro-cyclo-penta-[b]indole-2-carboxyl-ate 0.2-hydrate (2011)
- The title compound, C(19)H(14)ClNO(3)·0.2H(2)O, crystallizes with five mol-ecules and a disordered water mol-ecule in the asymmetric unit. Four of the five mol-ecules form hydrogen-bonded dimers via N-H⋯O hydrogen bonds towards another symmetry-independent mol-ecule, whereas the fifth mol-ecule forms a hydrogen-bonded dimer with its symmetry equivalent, also via N-H⋯O hydrogen bonds. The dihedral angle between the planes of the fused benzene ring and the five-membered ring to which it is attached is 79.45 (13), 49.00 (15), 72.49 (16), 81.91 (18) and 76.38 (16)° for the five mol-ecules in the asymmetric unit.
- (1R,3aR,5aS,6S,8aR,8bR,9aS)-1-Hydroxy-6-isopropyl-1,3a,5a-trimethylperhydrocyclopenta[a]cyclopropa[i]naphthalen-4-one (2010)
- The title compound (also know as azorellanone), C20H32O2, is built up from three fused carbocycles, one five-membered ring and two six-membered rings. The five membered-ring has an envelope conformation, whereas the six-membered rings have a distorted half-chair and a twist–boat conformation. In the crystal, molecules are linked by O—H ... O interactions into zigzag chains with graph-set notation C(8) along . The absolute configuration was assigned on the basis of earlier chemical studies.
- (3-Benzoylphenyl)(phenyl)methanone (2012)
- Molecules of the title compound, C20H14O2, show approximate C s symmetry with the approximate mirror plane perpendicular to the central ring. The torsion angles about the acyclic bonds are 30.05 (15) and 30.77 (15)° in one half compared to −36.62 (14) and −18.60 (15)° in the other half of the molecule. The central aromatic ring makes dihedral angles of 47.78 (4) and 51.68 (3)° with the two terminal rings.
- (4R)-4-(Biphenyl-4-yl)-7-chloro-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroquinoline (2011)
- The title compound, C(21)H(18)ClN, was synthesized by an enanti-oselective Brønsted acid-catalysed transfer hydrogenation reaction. The six-membered heterocycle adopts a half-chair conformation. It has the biphenyl residue in an axial position. The two rings of the biphenyl residue are almost coplanar [dihedral angle = 2.65 (9)°]. The crystal packing is stabilized by N-H⋯Cl hydrogen bonds, which connect the mol-ecules into chains running along the a axis.
- (5S,6R)-6-Bromo-6-methyl-5-phenyl-3,4,5,6-tetrahydro-2H-cyclopenta[b]pyran-7-one (2011)
- The title compound, C15H15BrO2, was synthesized by a Brønsted acid-catalysed domino electrocyclization-halogenation reaction. The five-membered ring is essentially planar (r.m.s. deviation 0.006 Å) and forms a dihedral angle of 72.7 (3)° with the attached phenyl ring. The six-membered heterocycle adopts a half-chair conformation. The crystal packing is stabilized by a C—H[cdots, three dots, centered]O contact.
- (9R,10R,10aR)-9-(2-Bromo-phen-yl)-10-nitro-6-phenyl-10,10a-dihydro-9H-benzo[c]chromene-8-carbaldehyde (2011)
- The title compound, C26H18BrNO4, features a functionalized chromene. The cyclohexene ring adopts a sofa conformation and has the nitro group and the bromophenyl ring in an axial position. The ten atoms of the chromene moiety lie close to a common plane (r.m.s. deviation = 0.066 Å). The attached phenyl ring is twisted by 32.89 (10)° from the chromene plane. The crystal packing is stabilized by C—H[cdots, three dots, centered]O interactions.
- (Biphenyl-2-yl)bromidobis(2-methyltetrahydrofuran-[kappa]O)magnesium(II) (2009)
- In the title Grignard reagent, [MgBr(C12H9)(C5H10O)2], the Mg centre adopts a distorted tetrahedral MgCO2Br arrangement. The dihedral angle between the two aromatic rings of the biphenyl residue is 44.00 (14)°. Each molecule incorporates one R- and one S-configured 2-methyltetrahydrofuran molecule. Key indicators: single-crystal X-ray study; T = 173 K; mean σ(C–C) = 0.007 Å; R factor = 0.045; wR factor = 0.108; data-to-parameter ratio = 17.4.
- (Biphenyl-4-yl)(phenyl)methanone (2010)
- In the title compound, C19H14O, the dihedral angle between the two aromatic rings of the biphenyl residue is 8.0 (3)° and the dihedral angle between the two rings connected by the carbonyl C atom is 51.74 (18)°. There are no short C—H ... O contacts in the crystal structure.