Year of publication
- 2008 (4) (remove)
- N-(3-Nitrobenzylidene)aniline (2008)
- In the title compound, C13H10N2O2, a Schiff base derivative, the dihedral angle between the two aromatic rings is 31.58 (3)°. The C=N double bond is essentially coplanar with the nitrophenyl ring. The torsion angle of the imine double bond is 175.97 (13)°, indicating that the C=N double bond is in a trans configuration. The crystal structure is stabilized by C-H...O contacts and [pi]-[pi] interactions (centroid-centroid distances of 3.807 and 3.808 Å). Key indicators: single-crystal X-ray study; T = 173 K; mean σ(C–C) = 0.002 Å; R factor = 0.034; wR factor = 0.093; data-to-parameter ratio = 10.3.
- N-[4-(4-Nitrophenoxy)phenyl]-propionamide (2008)
- The title compound, C15H14N2O4, is an important intermediate for the synthesis of thermotropic liquid crystals. The dihedral angle between the two aromatic rings is 84.29 (4)°. An N-H...O hydrogen bond connects the molecules into chains running along the b axis. In addition, the crystal packing is stabilized by weak C-H...O hydrogen bonds. Key indicators: single-crystal X-ray study; T = 173 K; mean σ(C–C) = 0.002 Å; R factor = 0.036; wR factor = 0.096; data-to-parameter ratio = 14.3.
- 1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2,2-bis[4-(4-nitrophenoxy)phenyl]propane (2008)
- In the title compound, C27H16F6N2O6, the nitro groups are almost coplanar with the aromatic rings to which they are attached [dihedral angles = 3.5 (5) and 6.2 (3)°]. The dihedral angles between adjacent aromatic rings are 78.07 (8) and 71.11 (8)° for nitrophenyl/phenyl and 69.50 (8)° for phenyl/phenyl. An intermolecular C-H...[pi] interaction seems to be effective in the stabilization of the structure. Key indicators: single-crystal X-ray study; T = 173 K; mean σ(C–C) = 0.004 Å; R factor = 0.045; wR factor = 0.092; data-to-parameter ratio = 12.5.
- 1,2-Bis(4-aminophenoxy)ethane (2008)
- The molecule of the title compound, C14H16N2O2, is located on a crystallographic twofold rotation axis. The central O-C-C-O bridge adopts a gauche conformation. One of the amine H atoms is disordered over two equally occupied positions. The crystal structure is stabilized by N-H...O and N-H...N hydrogen bonds. Key indicators: single-crystal X-ray study; T = 173 K; mean σ(C–C) = 0.002 Å; disorder in main residue; R factor = 0.049; wR factor = 0.119; data-to-parameter ratio = 17.9.