Year of publication
- Article (19) (remove)
- New Revision Underway: American Beetles: A handbook of the beetles of Nearctic America (1997)
- Several Coleopterists have been asked to revise the family sections, working from diskettes modified and provided from the original "Beetles of the United States." They will rewrite these sections, and will be recognized as the author of the section. They are asked to sign a writing contract with the publisher. Other Coleopterists have been asked to review the family sections of the new book. These persons are acknowledged in the family section text.
- Two leaf beetles new to Florida (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) (1999)
- Specimens recently submitted to the first author for identification turned out to represent two species of leaf beetles previously unknown from Florida, one of which is new to the eastern United States and the other new to the continental United States.
- On the genus Anchonus Schonherr in Florida (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) (1999)
- Four species of Anchonus Schonherr occur in Florida: A. flol'idanus Schwarz, A. dul'yi Blatchley, A. blatchleyi Sleeper, and A. suillus (Fabricius), which is recorded from Florida and the continental United States for the first time. The species are distinguished in a key and illustrated. A lectotype is selected for A. floridanus.
- Descriptions of four new species of Cryptolestes Ganglbauer, with a revised key to the New World species and notes on other species (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) (2002)
- The following new species of Cryptolestes Ganglbauer are described and illustrated: Cryptolestes obesus Thomas, new species, Brazil; Cryptolestes turnbowi Thomas, new species, Honduras and Mexico; Cryptolestes inyoensis Thomas, new species, California; Cryptolestes spectabilis Thomas, new species, Ecuador. A revised key to the New World species is provided. The male genitalia are illustrated and the female of C. calabozus Thomas is characterized, and new distribution records are provided for it, C. cornutus Thomas and Zimmerman, C. trinidadensis Thomas, C. curus Lefkovitch, and C. hlapperichi Lefkovitch.
- New Bahamian records for Laemophloeidae (Coleoptera: Cucujoidea) (2002)
- New Bahamian records for Laemophloeidae (Coleoptera: Cucujoidea)
- A new species of Cryptolestes Ganglbauer (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) from Bolivia (2002)
- Cryptolestes robinclarkei Thomas, n. sp., is described from Bolivia, illustrated, and compared to other species of the genus.
- The Brontini of the world: A generic review of the tribe (Coleoptera: Silvanidae: Brontinae) (2003)
- The genera of the tribe Brontini (Silvanidae: Brontinae) are reviewed. The tribe is considered here to be composed of 12 genera, Uleiota Latreille, Brontopriscus Sharp, and Dendrophagus Schönherr, plus nine new genera: Australodendrophagus, Australohyliota, Brontoliota, Dendrophagella, Macrohyliota, Megahyliota, Microhyliota, Parahyliota, and Protodendrophagus. Aplatamus Grouvelle is removed from the Brontini and placed in the Telephanini. Four new species are described: Protodendrophagus antipodes Thomas; Brontoliota indivisipennis Thomas; Brontoliota intermedius Thomas; and Brontoliota monteithi Thomas. Described species are assigned to genera with the following new combinations resulting: Australodendrophagus australis (Erichson); Australohyliota chilensis (Blanchard); Australohyliota macleayi (Olliff); Denrophagella capito (Pascoe); Macrohyliota truncatipennis (Heller); Macrohyliota bicolor Arrow; Macrohyliotagracilicornis (Arrow); Macrohyliota lucius (Pascoe); Macrohyliota militaris (Erichson); Macrohyliota spinicollis (Gory); Megahyliota feae (Grouvelle); Microhyliota integricollis (Fairmaire); Parahyliota africanus Grouvelle; Parahyliota alticola (Pal, Sen Gupta, and Crowson); Parahyliota atratus (Grouvelle); Parahyliota brevicollis (Arrow); Parahyliota cinamomeus (Fairmaire); Parahyliota costicollis (Reitter); Parahyliota fallax (Grouvelle); Parahyliota indicus (Arrow); Parahyliota pallidus (Arrow); Parahyliota puberulus (Reitter); Parahyliota serratus (Smith); Parahyliota serricollis (Candeze); Parahyliota siamensis (Arrow). Two new synonymies are proposed: Uleiota crenicollis Grouvelle (=Uleiota costicollis Grouvelle) and Uleiota texana Dajoz (=Uleiota dubius (Fabricius)). Uleiota truncatus Motschulsky, formerly treated as a subspecies of U. dubius (Fabricius), is elevated to a full species, new status.
- A revision of Pediacus Shuckard (Coleoptera: Cucujidae) for America north of Mexico, with notes on other species (2003)
- The genus Pediacus Shuckard is revised for America north of Mexico. Seven species are recorded: P. andrewsi Thomas, n. sp.; P. fuscus Erichson; P. gracilis Thomas, n. sp.; P. hesperoglaber Thomas, n. sp.; P. ommatodon Thomas, n. sp.; P. stephani Thomas, n. sp.; and P. subglaber LeConte, new status. The species are described and illustrated, and a key is presented for their identification. The described European and Neotropical species are reviewed and illustrated.
- A passandrid new to the Bahamas (Coleoptera: Cucujoidea) (2003)
- A passandrid new to the Bahamas (Coleoptera: Cucujoidea)
- New distribution records for two species of Cryptolestes Ganglbauer (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) (2005)
- New distribution records for two species of Cryptolestes Ganglbauer (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae)