Year of publication
- English (35) (remove)
- Insecta Mundi: procedures, production, and publication (2007)
- This article outlines changes in procedures and production policies for the journal Insecta Mundi. Background data and discussions leading to these necessary changes are explained. Updated instructions for authors are presented. A full current version of author instructions will be posted on the latest Center for Systematic Entomology URL.
- An annotated checklist of the Coleoptera (Insecta) of the Bahamas (2008)
- A faunal list of 996 species of Coleoptera in 552 genera in 74 families is presented for the Commonwealth of the Bahamas. For most species, islands and locality within island collecting information is provided.
- A new genus of telephanine Silvanidae (Coleoptera: Cucujoidea), with a diagnosis of the tribe and key to genera (2008)
- Australophanus, new genus, is described and illustrated for Cryptamorpha redtenbacheri (Reitter). Platamus Erichson is synonymized under Telephanus Erichson, new synonymy. Euplatamus Sharp, new status, replaces Platamus Erichson as the genus name. Type species are designated for Aplatamus Grouvelle and Euplatamus Sharp. Telephanus velox (Haldeman) is synonymized under Telephanus atricapillus Erichson. A diagnosis of the tribe Telephanini, a key to the described telephanine genera of the world is presented, and a phylogeny of the family Silvanidae is proposed.
- First record of the genus Parahyliota in the New World (Coleoptera: Silvanidae: Brontinae) (2009)
- The genus Parahyliota Thomas, previously known from Africa and Asia, is recorded from the New World for the first time, based on P. balli Thomas, a new species here described from Mexico.
- A review of the genus Dysmerus Casey (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) (2009)
- The New World genus Dysmerus Casey, currently with one valid species, is revised. Lectotypes are designated for two species, Dysmerus caseyi (Grouvelle), new status, and Dysmerus sulcicollis Grouvelle, new status. Both are revived from synonymy with D. basalis Casey. Twelve new species are described: Dysmerus boliviensis Thomas, new species, Dysmerus curvicornis Thomas, new species, Dysmerus genaspinosus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus hamaticornis Thomas, new species, Dysmerus impolitus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus skelleyi Thomas, new species, Dysmerus mexicanus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus monstrosus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus politus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus rondoniensis Thomas, new species, Dysmerus symphilus Thomas, new species, and Dysmerus trinidadensis Thomas, new species. A key to adults of the species and illustrations are provided.
- A new Chilean species of Brontoliota Thomas (Coleoptera: Silvanidae: Brontinae: Brontini) (2010)
- Brontoliota lawrencei Thomas, new species, is described and illustrated from Chile, and the Chilean silvanid fauna is discussed.
- A new genus and species of brontine Silvanidae from Australia (Coleoptera: Cucujoidea) (2011)
- Notophanus bellicilifer Thomas, n. gen., n. sp., is described and illustrated from Australia. A key is provided to all of the species of the tribe Brontini known to occur in Australia.
- A review of Lathropus Erichson (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) in Florida and the West Indies, excluding the Lesser Antilles (2010)
- The species of the genus Lathropus Erichson are reviewed for Florida and the West Indies, excluding the Lesser Antilles. Seven species are recorded from this region, three of which are described as new: Lathropus chickcharnie Thomas, new species, Lathropus jamaicensis Thomas, new species, and Lathropus rhabdophloeoides Thomas, new species. A lectotype is designated for Lathropus vernalis Casey, and Lathropus striatus Casey is synonymized under Lathropus vernalis Casey, new synonymy. Illustrations and a key to the species of this geographgic region are provided.
- A review of New World Laemophloeus Dejean (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) : 1., species with antennal club of more than three antennomeres (2013)
- Five Neotropical species of Laemophloeus Dejean (s. str.) (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) with antennal clubs of more than three antennomeres are reviewed: L. buenavista Thomas, n.sp.; L. concinnus Thomas, n.sp.; L. germaini Grouvelle; L. macrognathus Reitter; and L. sexarticulatus Kessel. Diagnoses, descriptions of the new species, illustrations, and a key are provided. Laemophloeus prominens Hetschko, proposed as a replacement name for Laemophloeus notabilis Kessel, is synonymized under L. germaini, new synonymy.
- An annotated checklist of the Coleoptera (Insecta) of the Cayman Islands, West Indies (2013)
- A faunal list of 605 species of Coleoptera in 396 genera in 63 families is presented for the Cayman Islands. For most species, island and locality within island collecting information is provided.