Year of publication
- New Revision Underway: American Beetles: A handbook of the beetles of Nearctic America (1997)
- Several Coleopterists have been asked to revise the family sections, working from diskettes modified and provided from the original "Beetles of the United States." They will rewrite these sections, and will be recognized as the author of the section. They are asked to sign a writing contract with the publisher. Other Coleopterists have been asked to review the family sections of the new book. These persons are acknowledged in the family section text.
- A new U.S. and Florida record for Caccoleptus (Bicaccoleptus) kacka Háva, 2009 (Coleoptera: Dermestidae) (2012)
- Caccoleptus (Bicaccoleptus) kacka Háva, 2009 is newly recorded from the U.S. and Florida. The female of this species is here described from Florida specimens.
- An annotated checklist of West Virginia May or June beetles (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Phyllophaga spp.) (1994)
- This first published checklist of West Virginia May or June beetles (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Phyllophaga), lists 29 species. County distributions and the range of collection dates are included.
- A new genus of Prioninae (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae) (2011)
- Neoma, a new genus of Cerambycidae (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae: Prioninae: Macrotomini) is described for Mallodonopsis corrosus Bates, 1879, compared to related genera (Aplagiognathus Thomson, 1861; Archodontes Lameere, 1903; and Mallodonopsis Thomson, 1861), and its tribal position discussed. A lectotype for Mallodonopsis corrosus is here designated with the species redescribed and figured.
- Insecta Mundi: procedures, production, and publication (2007)
- This article outlines changes in procedures and production policies for the journal Insecta Mundi. Background data and discussions leading to these necessary changes are explained. Updated instructions for authors are presented. A full current version of author instructions will be posted on the latest Center for Systematic Entomology URL.
- A review of the genus Dysmerus Casey (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) (2009)
- The New World genus Dysmerus Casey, currently with one valid species, is revised. Lectotypes are designated for two species, Dysmerus caseyi (Grouvelle), new status, and Dysmerus sulcicollis Grouvelle, new status. Both are revived from synonymy with D. basalis Casey. Twelve new species are described: Dysmerus boliviensis Thomas, new species, Dysmerus curvicornis Thomas, new species, Dysmerus genaspinosus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus hamaticornis Thomas, new species, Dysmerus impolitus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus skelleyi Thomas, new species, Dysmerus mexicanus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus monstrosus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus politus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus rondoniensis Thomas, new species, Dysmerus symphilus Thomas, new species, and Dysmerus trinidadensis Thomas, new species. A key to adults of the species and illustrations are provided.
- A new Chilean species of Brontoliota Thomas (Coleoptera: Silvanidae: Brontinae: Brontini) (2010)
- Brontoliota lawrencei Thomas, new species, is described and illustrated from Chile, and the Chilean silvanid fauna is discussed.
- A review of Lathropus Erichson (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) in Florida and the West Indies, excluding the Lesser Antilles (2010)
- The species of the genus Lathropus Erichson are reviewed for Florida and the West Indies, excluding the Lesser Antilles. Seven species are recorded from this region, three of which are described as new: Lathropus chickcharnie Thomas, new species, Lathropus jamaicensis Thomas, new species, and Lathropus rhabdophloeoides Thomas, new species. A lectotype is designated for Lathropus vernalis Casey, and Lathropus striatus Casey is synonymized under Lathropus vernalis Casey, new synonymy. Illustrations and a key to the species of this geographgic region are provided.
- A new genus and species of brontine Silvanidae from Australia (Coleoptera: Cucujoidea) (2011)
- Notophanus bellicilifer Thomas, n. gen., n. sp., is described and illustrated from Australia. A key is provided to all of the species of the tribe Brontini known to occur in Australia.
- Descriptions of four new species of Cryptolestes Ganglbauer, with a revised key to the New World species and notes on other species (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) (2002)
- The following new species of Cryptolestes Ganglbauer are described and illustrated: Cryptolestes obesus Thomas, new species, Brazil; Cryptolestes turnbowi Thomas, new species, Honduras and Mexico; Cryptolestes inyoensis Thomas, new species, California; Cryptolestes spectabilis Thomas, new species, Ecuador. A revised key to the New World species is provided. The male genitalia are illustrated and the female of C. calabozus Thomas is characterized, and new distribution records are provided for it, C. cornutus Thomas and Zimmerman, C. trinidadensis Thomas, C. curus Lefkovitch, and C. hlapperichi Lefkovitch.