Year of publication
- A new Chilean species of Brontoliota Thomas (Coleoptera: Silvanidae: Brontinae: Brontini) (2010)
- Brontoliota lawrencei Thomas, new species, is described and illustrated from Chile, and the Chilean silvanid fauna is discussed.
- A new genus and species of brontine Silvanidae from Australia (Coleoptera: Cucujoidea) (2011)
- Notophanus bellicilifer Thomas, n. gen., n. sp., is described and illustrated from Australia. A key is provided to all of the species of the tribe Brontini known to occur in Australia.
- A new genus of Prioninae (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae) (2011)
- Neoma, a new genus of Cerambycidae (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae: Prioninae: Macrotomini) is described for Mallodonopsis corrosus Bates, 1879, compared to related genera (Aplagiognathus Thomson, 1861; Archodontes Lameere, 1903; and Mallodonopsis Thomson, 1861), and its tribal position discussed. A lectotype for Mallodonopsis corrosus is here designated with the species redescribed and figured.
- A new genus of telephanine Silvanidae (Coleoptera: Cucujoidea), with a diagnosis of the tribe and key to genera (2008)
- Australophanus, new genus, is described and illustrated for Cryptamorpha redtenbacheri (Reitter). Platamus Erichson is synonymized under Telephanus Erichson, new synonymy. Euplatamus Sharp, new status, replaces Platamus Erichson as the genus name. Type species are designated for Aplatamus Grouvelle and Euplatamus Sharp. Telephanus velox (Haldeman) is synonymized under Telephanus atricapillus Erichson. A diagnosis of the tribe Telephanini, a key to the described telephanine genera of the world is presented, and a phylogeny of the family Silvanidae is proposed.
- A new Nearctic species of Placonotus MacLeay (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) (2011)
- Placonotus falinorum Thomas, new species (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae), is described from Kansas. Habitus and genitalic details are illustrated and the species is distinguished from other New World members of the genus. Placonotus maya Thomas is newly recorded from Honduras.
- A new species of Cryptolestes Ganglbauer (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) from Bolivia (2002)
- Cryptolestes robinclarkei Thomas, n. sp., is described from Bolivia, illustrated, and compared to other species of the genus.
- A new state record for Rhizophagus sayi Schaeffer (Coleoptera: Rhizophagidae) (1992)
- A specimen of Rhizophagus sayi Schaeffer collected in a flight trap at 29°34½'N82°29'W in Alachua County, Florida, on 23-1-1993, by R.W. Lundgren prompted a search of unidentified specimens in the Florida State Collection of Arthropods. The search resulted in the discovery of seven additional Florida specimens with the following data: "FLA., Dixie Co. 3.5mi. N. Old Town 13-1-1980 Coll. M.C. Thomas", 2; "FLORIDA: Alachua Co. Gainesville 3-XII-1983 Coll. M.C. Thomas", 1; "FLORIDA: Alachua Co. San Felasco Hammock 4-11-1983 M.C. Thomasn, 3; same, except date is 12-II-1983. These specimens comprise a new state record for R. sayi, which Bousquet (1990) recorded from most of the eastern United States except for Florida and Georgia.
- A new U.S. and Florida record for Caccoleptus (Bicaccoleptus) kacka Háva, 2009 (Coleoptera: Dermestidae) (2012)
- Caccoleptus (Bicaccoleptus) kacka Háva, 2009 is newly recorded from the U.S. and Florida. The female of this species is here described from Florida specimens.
- A passandrid new to the Bahamas (Coleoptera: Cucujoidea) (2003)
- A passandrid new to the Bahamas (Coleoptera: Cucujoidea)
- A review of Lathropus Erichson (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) in Florida and the West Indies, excluding the Lesser Antilles (2010)
- The species of the genus Lathropus Erichson are reviewed for Florida and the West Indies, excluding the Lesser Antilles. Seven species are recorded from this region, three of which are described as new: Lathropus chickcharnie Thomas, new species, Lathropus jamaicensis Thomas, new species, and Lathropus rhabdophloeoides Thomas, new species. A lectotype is designated for Lathropus vernalis Casey, and Lathropus striatus Casey is synonymized under Lathropus vernalis Casey, new synonymy. Illustrations and a key to the species of this geographgic region are provided.