Year of publication
- A new U.S. and Florida record for Caccoleptus (Bicaccoleptus) kacka Háva, 2009 (Coleoptera: Dermestidae) (2012)
- Caccoleptus (Bicaccoleptus) kacka Háva, 2009 is newly recorded from the U.S. and Florida. The female of this species is here described from Florida specimens.
- A new genus and species of brontine Silvanidae from Australia (Coleoptera: Cucujoidea) (2011)
- Notophanus bellicilifer Thomas, n. gen., n. sp., is described and illustrated from Australia. A key is provided to all of the species of the tribe Brontini known to occur in Australia.
- A new genus of Prioninae (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae) (2011)
- Neoma, a new genus of Cerambycidae (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae: Prioninae: Macrotomini) is described for Mallodonopsis corrosus Bates, 1879, compared to related genera (Aplagiognathus Thomson, 1861; Archodontes Lameere, 1903; and Mallodonopsis Thomson, 1861), and its tribal position discussed. A lectotype for Mallodonopsis corrosus is here designated with the species redescribed and figured.
- Two new Neotropical species of Telephanus Erichson near T. serratus Nevermann (Coleoptera: Silvanidae) (2011)
- The Mesoamerican species of Telephanus distinguished by the presence eight lateral pronotal spines and long temples are reviewed. The group includes T. serratus Nevermann and two previously undescribed species that are described herein: T. bellus Thomas, new species, from Costa Rica, and the flightless T. monstrosus Thomas, new species, from Mexico.
- A new Nearctic species of Placonotus MacLeay (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) (2011)
- Placonotus falinorum Thomas, new species (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae), is described from Kansas. Habitus and genitalic details are illustrated and the species is distinguished from other New World members of the genus. Placonotus maya Thomas is newly recorded from Honduras.
- A new Chilean species of Brontoliota Thomas (Coleoptera: Silvanidae: Brontinae: Brontini) (2010)
- Brontoliota lawrencei Thomas, new species, is described and illustrated from Chile, and the Chilean silvanid fauna is discussed.
- A review of Lathropus Erichson (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) in Florida and the West Indies, excluding the Lesser Antilles (2010)
- The species of the genus Lathropus Erichson are reviewed for Florida and the West Indies, excluding the Lesser Antilles. Seven species are recorded from this region, three of which are described as new: Lathropus chickcharnie Thomas, new species, Lathropus jamaicensis Thomas, new species, and Lathropus rhabdophloeoides Thomas, new species. A lectotype is designated for Lathropus vernalis Casey, and Lathropus striatus Casey is synonymized under Lathropus vernalis Casey, new synonymy. Illustrations and a key to the species of this geographgic region are provided.
- First record of the genus Parahyliota in the New World (Coleoptera: Silvanidae: Brontinae) (2009)
- The genus Parahyliota Thomas, previously known from Africa and Asia, is recorded from the New World for the first time, based on P. balli Thomas, a new species here described from Mexico.
- A review of the genus Dysmerus Casey (Coleoptera: Laemophloeidae) (2009)
- The New World genus Dysmerus Casey, currently with one valid species, is revised. Lectotypes are designated for two species, Dysmerus caseyi (Grouvelle), new status, and Dysmerus sulcicollis Grouvelle, new status. Both are revived from synonymy with D. basalis Casey. Twelve new species are described: Dysmerus boliviensis Thomas, new species, Dysmerus curvicornis Thomas, new species, Dysmerus genaspinosus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus hamaticornis Thomas, new species, Dysmerus impolitus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus skelleyi Thomas, new species, Dysmerus mexicanus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus monstrosus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus politus Thomas, new species, Dysmerus rondoniensis Thomas, new species, Dysmerus symphilus Thomas, new species, and Dysmerus trinidadensis Thomas, new species. A key to adults of the species and illustrations are provided.
- An annotated checklist of the Coleoptera (Insecta) of the Bahamas (2008)
- A faunal list of 996 species of Coleoptera in 552 genera in 74 families is presented for the Commonwealth of the Bahamas. For most species, islands and locality within island collecting information is provided.