- English (5) (remove)
- Electron-tunneling studies on CeCoIn5 heavy-fermion thin films and microstructures (2012)
- Investigation of low-temperature electronic properties of MBE grown CeCoIn5 and CeIn3 thin films by means of electron tunneling and quantum electron interference effects.
- Magnetic characteristics of metal organic low-dimensional quantum spin systems at low temperatures (2010)
- Thermal expansion and transport properties of low-dimensional organic conductors (2008)
- In the field of strongly correlated electron systems, there is a long standing discussion on whether lattice degrees of freedom play a role for several physical phenomena, among them the Mott MI transition and charge-ordering transition. Charge-transfer salts of the ..-(BEDT-TTF)2X and (TMTCF)2X families have been revealed as model systemss for the study of the latter phenomena. The (TMTCF)2X salts have been recognized as model systems for studying correlation effects in 1D, while the (BEDT-TTF)-based materials for such studies in 2D. In this work, high-resolution dilatometry experiments were performed in order to address these issues. The main results obtained are summarized below. ...
- Thermal expansion studies on low-dimensional frustrated quantum magnets: the case of Kappa-(BEDT-TTF) 2 Cu 2 (CN) 3 and azurite (2012)
- Thermal expansion measurements provide a sensitive tool for exploring a material's thermodynamic properties in condensed matter physics as they provide useful information on the electronic, magnetic and lattice properties of a material. In this thesis, thermal expansion measurements have been carried out both at ambient-pressure and under hydrostatic pressure conditions. From the materials point of view, the spin-liquid candidate Kappa-(BEDT-TTF) 2 Cu 2(CN)3 has been studied extensively as a function of temperature and magnetic field. Azurite, Cu 3 (CO 3) 2 (OH) 2 - a realization of a one-dimensional distorted Heisenberg chain is also studied both at ambient and hydrostatic pressure to demonstrate the proper functioning of the newly built setup "thermal expansion under pressure". ...