- Lexicalized Tree Adjoining Grammar (4) (remove)
- Licensing german negative polarity items in LTAG (2006)
- Our paper aims at capturing the distribution of negative polarity items (NPIs) within lexicalized Tree Adjoining Grammar (LTAG). The condition under which an NPI can occur in a sentence is for it to be in the scope of a negation with no quantifiers scopally intervening. We model this restriction within a recent framework for LTAG semantics based on semantic unification. The proposed analysis provides features that signal the presence of a negation in the semantics and that specify its scope. We extend our analysis to modelling the interaction of NPI licensing and neg raising constructions.
- Reflexives and reciprocals in LTAG (2007)
- This paper presents an LTAG analysis of reflexives like himself and reciprocals like each other. These items need to find a c-commanding antecedent from which they retrieve (part of) their own denotation and with which they syntactically agree. The relation between anaphoric item and antecendent must satisfy the following important locality conditions (Chomsky (1981)).
- Semantic construction in feature-based TAG (2003)
- We propose a semantic construction method for Feature-Based Tree Adjoining Grammar which is based on the derived tree, compare it with related proposals and briefly discuss some implementation possibilities.