Year of publication
- Varieties of capitalism and varieties of economic theory (1996)
- This article examines the type of economic analyses of capitalism presented by leading exponents of the neoclassical, marxian, Austrian and institutionalist schools of economic thought. Although each school has something to offer, it is argued that all except the institutionalist school are largely insensitive to different types of structure within capitalism and are blind to the cultures and institutions which characterize different kinds of capitalism. This conclusion is reached by addressing three issues: the problem of universal and specific assumptions in economic analysis; the question of "necessary impurities" in an economic system; and the relationship between actor and structure. It is concluded that institutional economics is most sensitive to the immense actual and potential variety within capitalism itself, and recognizes that the development of different capitalist systems can be divergent rather than convergent.
- Managing financial crises : the experience in East Asia (2000)
- The Asian financial crisis of 1997-98 was one of the most dramatic economic events of recent times, which raised many questions regarding the appropriate policy response to financial crises. This paper reviews the experience of this crisis, focusing on the overall strategy of crisis management and the way that strategy was implemented including, with regard to official and private financing, structural reforms, and monetary and fiscal policies.
- Tierknochenfunde aus der phoenizischen Faktorei von Toscanos und anderen phönizisch beeinflussten Fundorten der Provinz Malaga in Südspanien (1973)
- Der Regierungsbezirk Osnabrück : geographische Übersicht (1885)
- Bei dieser Arbeit handelt es sich um eine kurze geographische Schilderung und historische Entwicklung des Regierungsbezirks Osnabrück.