Linguistik-Klassifikation: Übersetzungswissenschaft / Translation science
- Polnisch (3) (remove)
- Institut für Deutsche Sprache (IDS) Mannheim (3) (remove)
- Metaphorization and selected translation techniques : the case study of "National Geographic" (2008)
- A note on pragmatically and stylistically conditioned semantic changes : the case study of "Newsweek" Polska (2007)
- How to spice up a breakfast cereal or the translation of culturally bound referential items in “The bluest eye” by Toni Morrison and “Vineland” by Thomas Pynchon (2011)
- This article will attempt to suggest translation procedures necessary to translate culturally bound items in the referential level of a literary work illustrated with examples from two novels: “The Bluest Eye” by Toni Morrison and “Vineland” by Thomas Pynchon. First, the article will include a general description of the referential level in literary works offering possible avenues of 285 its rendition, then and finally suggest a translation methodology and techniques together with practical examples of the theory at work.