41.60.-m Radiation by moving charges
- 41.60.Ap Synchrotron radiation (for synchrotron radiation instrumentation, see 07.85.Qe)
- 41.60.Bq Cherenkov radiation
- 41.60.Cr Free-electron lasers (see also 52.59.Rz Free-electron devices-in plasma physics)
- 41.60.Dk Transition radiation
Quantum-mechanical treatment of high-energy channeling radiation
- An alternative theoretical description of axial electron channeling in the multi-GeV region has been developed. We solve a kinetic equation to evaluate an electron distribution function in axially oriented single crystals. Based on the single-string model, the required matrix elements for radiation and scattering by lattice vibrations are calculated employing solutions of the Dirac equation in cylindrical coordinates. Results obtained for 150-GeV electrons propagating along the 〈110〉 axis of germanium are in good agreement with experimental observations.