First records of Micromalthidae and Jacobsoniidae (Coleoptera) in Alabama, USA
Timothy N. King
R. Michael Brattain
- The first Alabama, USA, collection records of the families Micromalthidae and Jacobsoniidae (Coleoptera)
A third locality for the milliped Mitocybe auriportae Cook and Loomis, 1928 (Platydesmida: Andrognathidae)
Rowland M. Shelley
- With the discovery of Mitocybe auriportae Cook and Loomis, 1928 (Platydesmida: Andrognathidae) in
Alameda County (Co.), east of San Francisco Bay, a potential overall distribution in coastal California is projected based
on those of partly congruent diplopods. The area extends from northern Mendocino to central Monterey cos. and inland
to central Lake, Yolo, and Santa Clara cos.
A new species of Villiersicometes Santos-Silva, 2003 (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae, Disteniinae)
Gérard L. Tavakilian
- Villiersicometes absalom sp. nov., a new species of Villiersicometes Santos-Silva, 2003 (Coleoptera,
Cerambycidae, Disteniinae) is described from French Guiana. The species is illustrated and a key to the species of the
genus is provided.
New Taxa and Combinations in Onciderini Thomson, 1860 (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae: Lamiinae) from Central and South America, with notes on additional taxa
Eugenio H. Nearns
- Touroultia, a new genus of Onciderini Thomson, 1860 (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae: Lamiinae) is described and illustrated. Five new species of Onciderini are also described and illustrated: Jamesia ramirezi from Costa Rica; Peritrox marcelae from French Guiana; Touroultia swifti from Ecuador; Touroultia lordi from French Guiana; Trestoncideres santossilvai from Brazil. Keys to the known species of Peritrox Bates, 1865; Touroultia gen. nov.; and Trestoncideres Martins and Galileo, 1990 are provided. The following new synonymies are proposed: Calliphenges Waterhouse, 1880 (Colobotheini) = Malthonea Thomson, 1864 (Desmiphorini); Paraclytemnestra Breuning, 1974 (Onciderini) = Jamesia Jekel, 1861 (Onciderini); Orteguaza Lane, 1958 (Apomecynini) = Clavidesmus Dillon and Dillon, 1946 (Onciderini). The following new combinations are proposed: Clavidesmus funerarius (Lane, 1958) (Onciderini); Clavidesmus lichenigerus (Lane, 1958) (Onciderini); Ischiocentra insulata (Rodrigues and Mermudes, 2011); Malthonea cuprascens (Waterhouse, 1880) (Desmiphorini); Touroultia obscurella (Bates, 1865) (Onciderini). The following species is restored to original combination: Jamesia lineata Fisher, 1926 (Onciderini). The following 13 new country records are reported: Ataxia hovorei Lingafelter and Nearns, 2007 (Pteropliini) (Haiti); Carterica soror Belon, 1896 (Colobotheini) (Ecuador); Colobothea lunulata Lucas, 1859 (Colobotheini) (Colombia); Curius punctatus (Fisher, 1932) (Curiini) (Haiti); Cyclopeplus lacordairei Thomson, 1868 (Anisocerini) (Colombia); Iarucanga mimica (Bates, 1866) (Hemilophini) (Ecuador); Pirangoclytus latithorax (Martins and Galileo, 2008) (Clytini) (Costa Rica); Porangonycha princeps (Bates, 1872) (Hemilophini) (Colombia); Trestonia lateapicata Martins and Galileo, 2010 (Onciderini) (Brazil); Tulcus dimidiatus (Bates, 1865) (Onciderini) (Colombia); Unaporanga cincta Martins and Galileo, 2007 (Hemilophini) (Colombia); Zeale dubia Galileo and Martins, 1997 (Hemilophini) (Colombia); Zonotylus interruptus (Olivier, 1790) (Trachyderini) (Colombia).
Two new genera of hispines (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae: Cassidinae) from Ecuador
C. L. Staines
- Bicristispa gracilis, new genus and new species, and Orbispa confluens, new genus and new species
(Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae: Cassidinae), both from canopy fogging material from Ecuador are described and
illustrated. Comparative notes distinguishing them from similar genera are provided.
Systematic revision of Gonaphodiellus taxa, with description of two new genera and fourteen new species (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Aphodiinae)
Robert D. Gordon
- The American species belonging to the genus Gonaphodiellus Schmidt (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Aphodiinae) are redescribed and figured. Two new genera are described: Gonaphodioides and Gonaphodiopsis. Fourteen new species are described: Gonaphodiellus arcanus, G. cerropuntanus, G. manantlanicus, G. martinpierai, G. omiltemicus, G. sacatepequezis, Gonaphodioides newtoni, G. ratcliffei, G. skelleyi, Gonaphodiopsis deloyai, G. hypogea, G. montesdeocai, G. pachecoi, G. teopiscaensis. The lectotype of Aphodius columbicus (Harold, 1880) is designated. The following new combinations are proposed: Gonaphodiellus nigrinus (Schmidt, 1916), Gonaphodioides acutecernans (Balthasar, 1960), Gonaphodioides chapini (Hinton, 1934), Gonaphodioides columbicus (Harold, 1880), Gonaphodioides sincerus (Petrovitz, 1973). Aphodius (Gonaphodiellus) xalapensis Galante, Stebnicka and Verdú, 2003 is placed as a junior synonym of Gonaphodiellus bimaculosus (Schmidt, 1909), new synonymy. Aphodius ataenioides Hinton, 1938 and Aphodius (Blackburneus) castanescens Petrovitz, 1973 are placed as junior synonyms of Gonaphodioides chapini (Hinton, 1934), new synonymies.
The Genus Chimarra Stephens (Trichoptera: Philopotamidae) in Vietnam
Roger J. Blahnik
Tatiana I. Arefina-Armitage
Brian J. Armitage
- Currently, the genus Chimarra Stephens (Trichoptera: Philopotamidae) is represented in
the Oriental Region by 259 species. Of these, 61 species have been described or recorded from Vietnam.
In this paper, 9 new species from Vietnam are described and illustrated (Chimarra aculeata, C.
carinata, C. corneola, C. insolita, C. mina, C. prominens, C. rostrata, C. undulata, and C. ungula).
In addition, 3 new country records are noted (Chimarra areli Malicky and Mey, Chimarra pipake
Malicky and Chantaramongkol, and Chimarra suthepensis Chantaramongkol and Malicky), and 1
new species group (minuta Group) is proposed and populated. An additional species group (georgensis
“Group”), with 1 new species from Vietnam, but otherwise only known from Africa, is discussed, but
not formally defined. A table listing all known Vietnamese species of Chimarra is included, along
with discussion of variability in the anal veins of the
A taxonomic review of the ancora species group of Graphipterus Latreille (Coleoptera: Carabidae)
Jonathan R. Mawdsley
- The taxonomy of the ancora species group of Graphipterus Latreille (Coleoptera: Carabidae) is reviewed
and seven species are recognized, all from southern Africa: Graphipterus ancora Dejean, Graphipterus cordiger
Dejean, Graphipterus distinctus Péringuey (new status), Graphipterus fasciatus Chaudoir, Graphipterus fritschi
Chaudoir, Graphipterus wahlbergi Boheman (new status), and Graphipterus westwoodi Brême (new status).
Diagnostic features are provided for each species and adult specimens of each species are illustrated.
Two species of Compsus Schoenherr, new citrus pests from Colombia (Coleoptera: Curculionidae: Entiminae)
Charles W. O’Brien
- Two species of the weevil genus Compsus Schoenherr (Coleoptera: Curculionidae: Entiminae) from
Colombia are redescribed: C. obliquatus Hustache and C.viridivittatus (Guérin-Méneville). A key by Hustache
in 1938, to 33 of the 34 recognized species of Colombian Compsus then known, is modified to include the one additional
species. Habitus illustrations of males and females of the two species and illustrations of selected parts
of the male and female genitalia are included. Nearly all of the specimens of these two species were collected on
various species or varieties of citrus, indicating their potential as citrus pests in the future.
A new species of Stenorrhachus McLachlan from Chile (Neuroptera: Nemopteridae) with biological notes
Robert B. Miller
Lionel A. Stange
- A new species of Stenorrhachus (McLachlan), S. chilensis (Neuroptera: Nemopteridae), is described from
Chile with biological observations of Stenorrhachus walkeri (McLachlan). A key to the two species is provided as well
as diagnoses of the adults and of the larva of Stenorrhachus walkeri.