- Article (50) (remove)
- Englisch (50) (remove)
- From chunks to function-argument structure : a similarity-based approach (2001)
- Chunk parsing has focused on the recognition of partial constituent structures at the level of individual chunks. Little attention has been paid to the question of how such partial analyses can be combined into larger structures for complete utterances. Such larger structures are not only desirable for a deeper syntactic analysis. They also constitute a necessary prerequisite for assigning function-argument structure. The present paper offers a similaritybased algorithm for assigning functional labels such as subject, object, head, complement, etc. to complete syntactic structures on the basis of prechunked input. The evaluation of the algorithm has concentrated on measuring the quality of functional labels. It was performed on a German and an English treebank using two different annotation schemes at the level of function argument structure. The results of 89.73% correct functional labels for German and 90.40%for English validate the general approach.
- A new semantics for number (2003)
- Judging by appearances : a study of human-oriented metonymic developments in the domain of dress (2008)
- Metaphorization and selected translation techniques : the case study of "National Geographic" (2008)