- Other (15) (remove)
- Informationsstruktur (15) (remove)
- Principles of information packaging in Baatonum (Gur) (2009)
- This talk presents a study on information structure in the under-documented Gur language Baatonum (Bénin and Nigeria, language code bba).
- What is it about? The topic in some Ghanaian Gur grammars (2008)
- This talk deals with the pragmatic notion topic and its encoding in Buli and some related Ghanaian Gur languages and reveals that it is responsible for several intricate phenomena in the grammar of these languages.
- To be or not to be? About the copula system in Buli (Gur) (2008)
- This talk concerns the copula system in Buli, a Ghanaian language which has also been attested in Bahia (Rodrigues 1935, Zwernemann 1968). Special focus will be put on the categorization of two copula-reminiscent elements for which I will propose a discoursepragmatic analysis.
- Focus expressions in Foodo (2006)
- Focus in Gur and Kwa (2006)
- The project investigates focus phenomena in the two genetically relatedWest African Gur and Kwa language groups of the Niger-Congo phylum. Most of its members are tone languages, they are similar with respect to word order typology (all are SVO languages), but of divergent morphological type (agglutinating Gur versus isolating Kwa).
- Sentence-medial adverbials in Buli (Gur, Northern Ghana) (2006)
- Research on adverbials in sentence-medial position in the North- Ghanaian Gur language Buli suggests that the language offers two divergent slots for adverbials between subject and verb. Special attention is paid to the group of sentence-medial deictic temporal adverbials. While they have the potential to develop into tense markers, this process seems to depend on special information structural conditions.
- Vom GURren und KWAken und anderen Zungen (2006)
- Wenngleich Brigitte Reineke vieler Zungen mächtig ist, möchte ich mich im Folgenden der von ihr Zeit ihres Lebens besonders präferierten Gruppe der Gur- und Kwasprachen und ihren aktuellen Forschungsinteressen in diesen widmen.