- Computerlinguistik (7)
- Japanisch (6)
- Maschinelle Übersetzung (3)
- Dialog (2)
- Adaina perplexus, Asteraceae, Baccharis, Exelastis, Hellinsia, hostplants, larvae, life history, Lioptilodes, Melanthera, Sphenarches, Stenoptilodes (1)
- Aspidiotinae, Coccoidea, taxonomy (1)
- Auturus (1)
- Bachtin, Michail M. (1)
- Biting midges, Culicoides, Diptera, Ceratopogonidae, Mexico, new records, distribution (1)
- Caccoleptus (Bicaccoleptus) kacka, Nearctic region (1)
[Andrea Chénier] André Chénier : musikalisches Drama mit geschichtlichem Hintergrunde in vier Bildern / Musik von U. Giordano. [Text] von L. Illica. Für die dt. Bühne bearb. von Max Kalbeck
[Ruslan i Ljudmila] Concert-Aufführung (Fragmente) von "Russlan und Ludmilla" : Oper ; Philharmonie ; Freitag, den 19. Januar 1900 ...
Michail I. Glinka
A new genus and species of armored scale insect (Hemiptera: Diaspididae) from Australia found in the historic Koebele Collection of the California Academy of Sciences
John W. Dooley III
Gregory A. Evans
- A new genus and species of armored scale insect (Hemiptera: Diaspididae), Protomorgania koebelei
Dooley and Evans, is described and illustrated from specimens collected by Albert Koebele on Pittosporum sp.
(Pittosporaceae) in Australia around the year 1900. A key to the genera of armored scale insects similar to Protomorgania
and known to occur in Australia is provided.
A new species of Chrysina Kirby (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Rutelinae) from Oaxaca, Mexico
José Monzón Sierra
- Chrysina arellanoi new species (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae: Rutelinae) is described from the southernmost
part of the Sierra Madre del Sur in Oaxaca, Mexico
A new species of Stenorrhachus McLachlan from Chile (Neuroptera: Nemopteridae) with biological notes
Robert B. Miller
Lionel A. Stange
- A new species of Stenorrhachus (McLachlan), S. chilensis (Neuroptera: Nemopteridae), is described from
Chile with biological observations of Stenorrhachus walkeri (McLachlan). A key to the two species is provided as well
as diagnoses of the adults and of the larva of Stenorrhachus walkeri.
A new species of Villiersicometes Santos-Silva, 2003 (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae, Disteniinae)
Gérard L. Tavakilian
- Villiersicometes absalom sp. nov., a new species of Villiersicometes Santos-Silva, 2003 (Coleoptera,
Cerambycidae, Disteniinae) is described from French Guiana. The species is illustrated and a key to the species of the
genus is provided.
A new U.S. and Florida record for Caccoleptus (Bicaccoleptus) kacka Háva, 2009 (Coleoptera: Dermestidae)
Michael C. Thomas
- Caccoleptus (Bicaccoleptus) kacka Háva, 2009 is newly recorded from the U.S. and Florida. The female of this species is here described from Florida specimens.
A preliminary report on the World species of Bemisia Quaintance and Baker and its congeners (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) with a comparative analysis of morphological variation and its role in the recognition of species
- Extreme economic effects globally of various populations of the whitefly Bemisia tabaci (Gennadius)
(Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) led to an in depth study of the morphology of that species as well as that of
numerous other species of whiteflies in the genus Bemisia Quaintance and Baker and other similar appearing
species. The data collected are presented here as illustrations of the puparia (fourth instar nymphal stages)
and discussions of morphology as it relates to species and generic separations within this closely knit group
of insects. A brief history of the pest outbreaks of B. tabaci is given and an overview of the important
morphological characteristics of aleyrodine whiteflies is provided. Each of the eighty illustrations is
accompanied by a discussion of the more important aspects of morphology.
A summary of the endemic beetle genera of the West Indies (Insecta: Coleoptera); bioindicators of the evolutionary richness of this Neotropical archipelago
Stewart B. Peck
Daniel E. Perez-Gelabert
- The Caribbean Islands (or the West Indies) are recognized as one of the leading global biodiversity hot
spots. This is based on data on species, genus, and family diversity for vascular plants and non-marine vertebrates. This
paper presents data on genus level endemicity for the most speciose (but less well publicised) group of terrestrial
animals: the beetles, with 205 genera (in 25 families) now recognized as being endemic (restricted) to the West Indies.
The predominant families with endemic genera are Cerambycidae (41), Chrysomelidae (28), Curculionidae (26), and
Staphylinidae (25). This high level of beetle generic endemicity can be extrapolated to suggest that a total of about
700 genera of all insects could be endemic to the West Indies. This far surpasses the total of 269 endemic genera of all
plants and non-marine vertebrates, and reinforces the biodiversity richness of the insect fauna of the West Indies.
A taxonomic review of the ancora species group of Graphipterus Latreille (Coleoptera: Carabidae)
Jonathan R. Mawdsley
- The taxonomy of the ancora species group of Graphipterus Latreille (Coleoptera: Carabidae) is reviewed
and seven species are recognized, all from southern Africa: Graphipterus ancora Dejean, Graphipterus cordiger
Dejean, Graphipterus distinctus Péringuey (new status), Graphipterus fasciatus Chaudoir, Graphipterus fritschi
Chaudoir, Graphipterus wahlbergi Boheman (new status), and Graphipterus westwoodi Brême (new status).
Diagnostic features are provided for each species and adult specimens of each species are illustrated.